Saturday 19 January 2019

The Isle of Dread

I was lucky enough to see a post on Facebook from one of my local gaming shops, Chimera, indicating that they had Goodman Games Isle of Dread book in stock.

Needless to say I messaged them to reserve a copy and picked it up after work the same day.

The Goodman Games reproductions of these classic modules are real gems; not just the republishing of the original modules or the conversion to D&D 5e but also the articles with luminaries associated with The Isle of Dread. I can't recommend this product enough.

My challenge now is to integrate The Isle of Dread into my Wilderlands campaign!

1 comment:

  1. Keep on the Bordlerlands is one of the classic starting adventurers for Dungeons and Dragons. I was at NTRPG last summer playing this very module when one of the original TSR authors who had done uncredited work on that module walked by and chatted with us a bit. Frank Mentzer apparently did some design work on the evil chapel in the keep and we had just contacted the evil priest in that chapel during our game. Was kind of fun at the time. I have not played any of the others in your picture but I have read a few of them. Good find.

    ReplyDelete

 I was going to post about my hopes for roleplaying in 2021 a few months ago but I kept putting the post off. The reason? I wasn't quite...