Wednesday 9 January 2019

Into The Borderlands

 Late to the party as usual but my Christmas present to myself arrived today, Goodman Games' Into The Borderlands

Like many gamers who started playing RPGs in the early 1980s Keep on the Borderlands was an essential part of my initiation. In my case it was the first module I can remember DMing. I still have my original copy which even has pencil marks from that one and only time I ran it still written in the pages.

One of the problems with getting hold of Goodman Games products when you live in the UK like I do is the cost of the postage, which effectively doubles the cost of the product. I tried to source Into the Borderlands at a couple of local games shops without success and finally tracked a copy down over Christmas on eBay with a UK seller.



My initial thoughts are what a weighty tome! It must be the heaviest book in my RPG collection. There is certainly no chance of me struggling to find it on the bookshelf!

I can't wait to have a gander through the pages. Some of the commentary looks very interesting.








Of course, I own a copy of the Moldvay versions of B1 & B2. The former was a recent acquisition but the latter is my original 1981 Magenta Box copy, complete with pencil annotations from the only time I can remember running B2, as my first module I DMed back in 1981

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I was going to post about my hopes for roleplaying in 2021 a few months ago but I kept putting the post off. The reason? I wasn't quite...