Sunday 28 October 2018

So Why Unguarded Treasure?

TREASURE: If treasure is in a room with a monster, use the Treasure Type for that monster (given in the monster description) to find the treasure in the room. If treasure is in a room without a monster, use the Unguarded Treasure table (below). The table is used in the same way as the Treasure Types table (page B45).

Unguarded Treasure
Dungeon
Level
*Silver
Pieces
Gold
Pieces

Gems

Jewelry
Magic
Items
1 1d6 x 100 50%: 1d6 x 10 5%: 1d6 2%: 1d6 2%: Any 1
2-3 1d12 x 100 50%: 1d6 x 100 10%: 1d6 5%: 1d6 8%: Any 1
* Note that there are always silver pieces in unguarded treasure, and that other items are given in terms of the die rolled to determine the number present.

The above text is from the Moldvay D&D Basic rulebook




If truth be told I was looking for inspiration for the name to call my blog and thought I'd see if the D&D Moldvay Basic rule book could provide it. As I was looking through the index the words "Unguarded Treasure" leapt out at me and seemed to be just what I was looking for. I think it sums up what I am trying to achieve. A blog that is open and accessible to all and always reveals something but hopefully occasionally offers the odd gem or article of gold ..

Oh and the (B52) suffix is just the page number the Unguarded Treasure entry can be found on.

Note that the background I use is from the cover of the TSR Expert Rule book and is by  Erol Otus

1 comment:

 I was going to post about my hopes for roleplaying in 2021 a few months ago but I kept putting the post off. The reason? I wasn't quite...